What do I do if I am locked out of my account?
- If you incorrectly sign into your account 5 times, the Concur system will automatically lock your account for up to (24-hours)
- Please contact support prior to 5 incorrect attempts
Can I use Concur for booking Personal Travel?
Concur is for business travel only, but you can add personal days if applicable, onto your Travel Request
What do I do if I move departments?
- Make sure your department information is updated in HRDI Payroll
- If you have a P-Card, please contact Contracts and Procurement for appropriate course of action
How do I see which vendors have e-receipts enabled?
- Select the following link to access the updated list: List of Vendors
Can I upload attachments from my desktop?
Yes, please refer to Attachments Instructions for more information
Does Concur work on all browsers?
Concur is compatible with all browsers. If you experience any technical issues, please contact the Help Desk x7777
Do I put in approximate costs for parking, rental car, gas, etc. on a Travel Request?
Yes, you will need to enter an estimated cost for each item
How long do I have to put my reservation on hold in Concur?
- You can place your reservation on hold for up to 24-hours before submitting
- After 24 hours your reservation will be removed
What amount do I enter for airfare in the Travel Request?
You put an approximate amount
Can I reserve a car with another company besides Enterprise?
Yes, however Enterprise is the recommended vendor
What happens if your expenses are on someone else’s P-Card?
- The person’s P-Card that you used will have to make an expense report for those expenses
- Note: Travel Training provides instructions on how to process expense reports with someone else’s P-Card
What happens if there is a lost receipt?
- Use the Missing Receipt Affidavit
- To find the Missing Receipt Affidavit, select Expense Report > Your expense > Receipts > Missing Receipt Affidavit
- Select Accept & Create
- There may be some scenarios where there are expenses with no receipts (ex. Parking, taxi, etc.)
Why am I seeing a warning for my hotel cost?
- Hotel costs cannot exceed $275 per night. If the hotel you want to book at is over the limit, you will need to provide an explanation in Comments box
- You will need approval before booking your reservation
Can there be just one delegate to handle all of the Travel/P-Card for the department?
- Yes, it is possible to have one delegate to handle all of the Travel Request/Expense Reports for the department
- Note: Each user in the department will have to designate the delegate in their individual profile
How can I tell if I’m viewing as a delegate for someone, instead of my own account?
- Their name is indicated on the top right-hand corner, in green. This means you are viewing Concur as a delegate
Can delegates submit the report on my behalf?
No, delegates can only notify the employee. Delegates cannot submit the report on behalf of the employee
Can anybody use the mobile apps?
- Yes, anyone can use the apps
- More information on the Mobile Apps will be covered in the Concur Open Labs
How does Concur know when you use your P-Card on a trip that it will go onto the Travel Expense Report?
- To check if your P-Card is linked to your Concur profile, begin by clicking on the Expenses located at the top of the home screen
- Next, you will see a drop down under Available Expenses
- From there, you should see your US Bank card with the last four digits listed. If your card is not listed, please contact support and we will work with Procurement
Travel and Expense Management
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) has begun the implementation of a travel and expense management system, which will automate the travel authorization and reimbursement processes as well as the process for reconciling University Procurement Card expenses. The travel and expense management project is the result of the Administration & Finance Division’s organizational efficiency plan which focuses on streamlining and improving business and administrative processes. The automation of these processes involves the integration of the University's finance system with Concur’s travel and expense workflow management solution software. As a result, some business practices will require modification to ensure a seamless integration and implementation. The objectives of the redesign are to:
- Streamline and simplify the overall travel and expense management process
- Integrate a Travel Agency in order to increase available services to travelers; and to provide visibility into the travel spend for leverage in negotiating discounts with suppliers
- Provide improved risk management
Concur and Expense – Concur is the leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Several benefits of using the Concur and Expense system include:
- Automation of the booking, authorization, and reimbursement processes
- "One stop shop" for booking, and expense reimbursement, with CSUF travel policy built in for compliance
- Provides smartphone apps to make travel arrangements, attach receipts, submit requests/reimbursements, and/or approve travel/expense from anywhere, anytime
- Provides Management Reporting
There are three roles in Concur: Traveler/P-Card Holder, Approver, and Delegate/Preparer.
- Traveler/P-Card Holder: The Traveler/P-Card Holder may initiate travel requests and/or book travel, or may choose to have a delegate prepare a travel request, book travel and prepare expense reports on their behalf. However, every traveler must submit their own expense report.
- Approver: The approver will be responsible for approving the travel request or the expense report. This role may be delegated by the employee to another approver within his/her department.
- Delegate/Preparer: The delegate may initiate travel requests, book travel and/or expense reports on behalf of the traveler; or may be delegated the authority to approve travel requests and/or create expense reports based on the Delegation of Authority.
Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) provides cost effective, personalized, and hassle-free business travel management and resources:
Experienced team of travel agents
- Integration of online and full-service bookings for policy compliance and service delivery
- Airline, rental car, and hotel savings program
Common Finance System (CFS) – Concur will be integrated with the University CFS system to reimburse travelers. Benefits of this integration are:
- Reduced data entry
- Fast turn-around time for reimbursement
In order to ensure a fluid and successful adoption, Concur will be implemented in two phases:
- Phase I – Travel Request, Travel Booking, Travel Expense Reports, and P-Card Reconciliation
- Phase II – Auxiliary Services Corp, Associated Students Inc. (ASI) and CSUF Philanthropic Foundation
Pilot Group – September 2017
- Division of Administration and Finance
Phase I – October 2017 (estimated timeframe)
- Division of Information Technology
- Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion
- University Advancement
- President’s Office
- Student Affairs
- Provost Office
- University Extended Education
- Expense UI (User Interface) Upgrade
To Be Scheduled
- College of Business and Econimics
- College of the Arts
- College of Education
- College Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- College Communications
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Auxiliary Services Corp
- Associate Students Inc. (ASI)
- CSUF Philanthropic Foundation
The system will be made available to the entire campus in phases and is expected to be fully implemented by January 2019.
Concur Implementation Teams
|Debbie Hagman||Travel Program Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Luzzi||University ITemail@example.com|
|Mary Ann Torres||Director, Accounts Payable & Travelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|May Wong||Travel Business Process Improvement Project Assistantemail@example.com|
|Nelson Nagai||Director, Contracts & Procurementfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Pruitt||Procurement Operations Manageremail@example.com|
|Rachel Lasser||Division ITfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ramesh Purohit||University ITemail@example.com|
|Steven Yim||University Controllerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Welson Badal||Division ITemail@example.com|