A Project Team has been established and diligently working since late 2016 to deliver an automated travel and expense management system to the campus. This effort directly corresponds to our Division of Administration and Finance Strategic Plan Goal 3 to ‘develop and implement effective business processes to strengthen administrative efficiencies and delivery of services’.
Working with Concur Technologies, Inc., a leading global provider of integrated travel and expense management services and solutions, the system will utilize both web and mobile solutions to provide the campus with a fully integrated workflow system to manage both travel as well as procurement card expenses. Concur Solutions has been successfully implemented throughout higher education including several other CSU campuses.
Listed below are some key advantages the system offers:
- Automated routing of travel requests and expense voucher authorization
- E-Receipts are automatically submitted into the system by participating vendors or by user emailing/uploading them to the system
- 24 hour online booking for airfare, hotel, and car rentals reservation
- Availability of full-service travel agent by phone
- Convenience through built-in automated features for compliance, mileage calculation, currency conversion, etc.
- Email notification and reminders at designated time intervals
- Ability to use mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets
- Travel and Expense Management for University business travel, and purchase of goods and services using the University Procurement Card