Vendor Information Guide
Small and Micro Businesses
Cal State Fullerton makes a diligent effort to meet the goals established by the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services for small business vendors, including micro businesses, in the acquisition of goods, services, information technology and construction projects.
A small business is defined as:
- An independently owned and operated business
- Not dominant in its field of operation
- The principal office is located in California
- The officers are domiciled in California
- Together with affiliates is either:
- A service, construction or non-manufacturing business with 100 or fewer employees, and average annual gross receipts of ten million dollars ($10,000,000) or less over the previous three years, or
- A manufacturer with 100 or fewer employees.
A micro business is defined as a small business that, together with affiliates, has average annual gross receipts of two million five hundred thousand dollars ($2,500,000) or less over the previous three years, or is a manufacturer. Micro-businesses are extended the same preferences and incentives applicable to certified small businesses.
A certified small business may claim a 5% small business preference for applicable solicitations provided evidence of certification from the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services is submitted (copy of the OSDS approval letter) to Contracts and Procurement.
For additional information, visit the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services website at http://www.pd.dgs.ca.gov/smbus/default.htm .