Policy and Procedures for Undergraduate, Graduate, or Post-doctoral Students – CSUF student employees (job related)
CSUF student employee traveling on official University business related to their job (including international travel and travel to U.S. Possessions)
PRIOR TO TRAVEL (state funded or zero dollar Travel Requests)
A student who is currently employed by the University (state employee) and traveling on official University business related to their job must submit the following forms to Travel Operations (CP-300) prior to the departure travel date:
- Travel Request – cash advances cannot be provided
- If Registration / Conference Fees - copy of registration form must be attached
- Grant Award Letter that identifies the name of the student employee and purpose of the trip, Travel Grant Letter, Research Letter, etc. (if applicable)
Travel Operations only assigns a document number if the travel expenses will be paid by state funds.
After receiving the email notification with the assigned document number, travel expenses may be charged to Procurement Card up to the approved amount on the Travel Request in accordance with the CSUF Employee Travel Policy and Procedures.
Requirements to Drive on University Business http://finance.fullerton.edu/controller/travel/RequirementsToDriveOnUniversityBusiness.php
AFTER TRAVEL (state funded Travel Expense Claims)
Undergraduate, Graduate, or Post-doctoral Students currently employed by the University (state employee) and traveling on official University business related to their job must submit the following forms and receipts to Travel Operations (CP-300) within 60 days of the travel return date (for travel dates on or after November 1, 2016 and within 30 days of the travel return date (for travel dates prior to November 1, 2016):
- Travel Expense Claim - payment will be mailed directly to the student employee
- Original itemized receipts showing proof of payment (a credit card statement, bank statement or copy of the University check/check stub is not a receipt)
- Photocopy of the itemized receipts showing proof of payment for all the travel expenses that were paid by a Procurement Card
- Photocopy of the conference program or event agenda
Research Travel – Statement of Purpose (if there was no agenda or program for the research travel)
Travel expenses may be reimbursed up to the approved amount on the Travel Request in accordance with the CSUF Employee Travel Policy and Procedures.
For questions regarding the student employee travel payment process, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procurement Card Charges – (University issued P-card)
Transportation (air, train, bus, etc.) taxi/shuttle, lodging (room rate & tax ONLY), and conference/event/attendance/entrance fees for a student employee may be charged to a University issued Procurement Card.
The original itemized receipts are submitted with the Procurement Card Statement.
For questions regarding the Procurement Card process, please send an email to: email@example.com