Invoicing is a request to generate a bill or invoice to an outside entity not directly related. The invoice would either reimburse a unit, department, or college at California State University, Fullerton or record accounts receivable/revenue. Invoicing is also known by the campus community as “reimbursed activities”. Only Accounting Services may invoice or bill on behalf of the University.
Some examples of Invoicing include:
- Invoicing to outside agencies, vendors, or individuals for activities performed
- Invoicing campus auxiliaries such as the CSUF Auxiliary Services Corporation (ASC)
- University facility rentals
- Professional sports team invoicing for usage of University facilities
- Some abatements
IMPORTANT: Contact Budget Planning and Administration for ALL salary related adjustments (601xxx/602xxx/603xxx).
Request for Invoice (RFI) form
- Invoice is generated on demand
Expenditure Transfer Request (ETR) form
- Use of 7xxxx billable program code = Customer ID (mapping)
- Invoice is Generated once a month (usually on the 5th business day before month-end close)
How to bill?
- CSUF Department
- Outside Entity / CSUF Auxiliary Organizations
- Another CSU Campus or the Chancellor’s Office
Request for Invoice (RFI) - 7xxx billable program code is NOT required